From:
Roger White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:24:19 +0300
There was a mention recently that the addition of too may supers would cause supersedure -rather I think that the problem would be caused by an outbreak of Nosema within the hive by the sudden increase in space and therefore the bees became stressed or that the supers contained high levels of Nosema spores and the queen became infected from these and the bees tried to supersede her.  I often notice this problem when we put supers on in the spring if we haven't treated the supers to kill Nosema spores.
Roger White
Superbee Cyprus