From:
David Malantic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:25:55 -0400
I have started to collect and listen to, not to mention really enjoy,
CD's of serialist compositions from the mid 20th century and later.  So
far, I have purchased discs of Boulez, Stockhausen, Messiaen, Babbitt,
and Carter.  I have read, on the web, that Nono, who always seems to be
mentioned postively, is associated with the Darmstadt school.  I would
like recommendations for CD's that contain Nono works most representative
of Darmstadt serialism.  In addition, I would also like a recommendation
for the best book, technical if possible, of the history and theory of
the Darmstadt school.

David Malantic