HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:08:27 +0000
Dear Everyone,

Can anyone recommend reading on typography? Ideally, I'd like works that
illustrate typefaces used by printers around the world (excepting
southern Europe) in the early modern period.  If there is something
which is comparative, so much the better, but I'm happy to work out for
myself the difference between a Netherlands V of 1600 and a US V of
1800.

Best wishes to all,

Pat
(who still cannot read the subject line 'Indian Schools Archaeology'
without thinking that the topic is what young people in the subcontinent
are learning and how they are being engaged - if anyone does know,
please could they let me know? I'm sure that there is a lot we can learn
in the UK from practice elsewhere.  Simlarly 'Egyptian Schools
Archaeology' - I have a staff member who is very keen to build links
with Egypt).
--
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)