HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Don Linebaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:52:24 -0400
Linda and histarchers,

Yes, you are correct. Noel Hume attended St. Lawrence College, in Kent, and
worked in the theatre before becoming an archaeologist. He began in
archaeology as a collector who walked the banks of the Thames and would
occasional sell his finds to the Guildhall Museum. Here he met Adrian
Oswald and became a volunteer and later a curator. He also appears to have
met his wife Audrey at the Guildhall, she indeed had a degree in classical
archaeology.  For more on Noel you can check out Current Biography
Yearbook, 1997.

Don Linebaugh