From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:26:58 +1100
Ed Zubrow:

>I am unfamiliar with a Haydn Sinfonia Concertante.

It's for oboe, bassoon, violin, cello and orchestra, Hob I:105.  I first
discovered it when I bought an LP on which it was coupled with a Boccherini
cello concerto, which was the work for which I bought the LP.  I soon
discovered the Haydn to be a far better work.

>Assuming there is such a thing, what would I hear in it that makes
>it so distinguished?

Just buy it, Ed - you won't regret it.

Richard Pennycuick