From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:06:12 -0800
Ray Osnato ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>Ray Osnato ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>>
>>>Another Russian whose Liszt Sonata was wonderful was Gilels.  ...
>>>The Gilels I believe is on BMG coupled with a fine Schubert Op. 53.
>>
>>I think you mean Beethoven...:-)
>
>No, Derek I meant Schubert.  The Sonata in D major, D 850, Op. 53.

I realised after I'd hit send that something wasn't quite right. The
confusion in my mind (well, a mere part of it) resulted, I think, from
my mixing up the Gilels recording with a near-contemporary (I think)
Richter Apassionata - and yes, I know that's Op.567 and Op.53 is the
Waldstein. What was the Richert c/w?

I just don't ussually deal in opus numbers when it comes to Schubert.
In fact, apart from the Op.99 piano trio, I can't think (oh yes, the
Op.142 impromptus) think of a single Schubert opus number.

I can do you a nice line in Deutsch, OTOH...:-)

Deryk Barker [log in to unmask]