HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:21:01 -0500
From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
All true, but (if I have my stories straight) there is more to this story.
I seem to remember  (from my Colonial Williamsburg days) that it was Audrey
Noel Hume, Noel's wife,  who actually had been trained in archaeology.  The
accepted story was that Noel was a theatre major. -- which may explain his
charming ability to bring archaeology to the public.

Linda Derry, Director
Old Cahawba - AHC
719 Tremont St.
Selma, AL 36701 - 5446
ph. 334/875-2529 / email: [log in to unmask]