Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:57:19 +0000
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
I was feeling a little confused as to just what recordings Chandos is
releasing in honor of the Bax Anniversary, so I went to the Chandos
website which spelled it all out.

The new box set of the Symphonies conducted by Handley is brand new.
Like Richard Pennycuick, that surprises me given that the Thomson
recordings are still being distributed by Chandos.

There are also a few Bax orchestral discs being released by Chandos this
month, but they are all culled from the back catalog.

One thing for sure.  British record companies do so much better than
their U.S. counterparts in honoring its native composers.  The best we
seem to be able to do is have Naxos distribute Piston and Diamond music
from the Delos 'reject' bag, old recordings from the Louisville Symphony
Orchestra, and a Ukranian orchestra performing Paul Creston's symphonies.
However, our professional wrestlers can outsmart and outsmack their
feeble competitors at will.  Actually, I'm not aware of any British
wrestlers.  Are they all goofing off, listening to Chandos recordings?

Don Satz