Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:02:27 -0500
From:
William Valles <[log in to unmask]>
Don Satz asked for recommendations on recordings of Granados' piano
music, other than by the universally admired de Larosha.  I checked my
collection and came across the name of Beatriz Klein and of all people
Arthur Rubinstein.  Then I remembered that Rubinstein was had triumphed
in Spain and Latin America, and the music of Granados must have been as
natural to him as Chopin.  An obvious question then is, Are there any
recordings in existence which Rubinstein made of Granado s' music, other
than the one I have?  Ny the way, that is a grab bag pf 12 bits and
pieces under the heading of "Nocturne'" issued by VMG in 1998.  The
Granados is a six-minute excerpt from "Goyescas", enough to whet the
appetite of any lover of this genre.

William C. Valles