HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Harley A Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:32:10 -0500
Early New England Redware Research Website:

I have just designed a website to serve as an informational site on early
New England redware pottery. The url is:
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~ericks/redweb/

The site is in its infancy, but will continually be expanded. I am hoping
that it will useful to archaeologists, potters, historians, and other
interested parties. The site includes sections on redware production,
kilns and kiln furniture, and various New England redware
pottery sites. It also has an extensive research bibliography, and
contains numerous vessel and sherd photos from sites around New England.
The site will also contain information gathered from various redware
research projects that I'm involved in as an historical archaeologist.

I welcome & encourage submissions to the site, and comments and criticisms
would be most appreciated. If interested, please email me at

Thanks,

Harley Erickson
Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology
Harvard University