HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:08:59 -0500
I believe this use of "homeland" is new for us in the United States.  From what I read in the papers around a year ago, I understand "national security" was the first choice, but it was felt that this had been "overused," and there were negative connotations in that phrase.  I remember Reagan's "Peace through Strength" in the mid-1980s, and wondered what part of Germany, also what era, that phrase had come from.