HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Barna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:48:06 -0600
Kris --

Those movies had their problems.  But think about how much better they were
in creating a believable atmosphere and sense of place because of what the
material culture-reenactor have discovered and taught us about the finer
points of 17th and 18th century life.  Much more than you'd get out of of
academic journals or CRM reports.

As a former F&I and Rev War reenactor, I felt that I learned a great deal
about life in 18th century military that I would never have learned from
the historical or archaeological record, or from my graduate education in
history and historical archaeology.

Cheers!

Carl Barna
Regional Historian