HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mitch Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:38:47 -0700
AltaMira Press has just published a book of my essays called "Thinking
About
Cultural Resource Management," that some Federal preservation folk may
be
interested in seeing.  Chapter titles that may be mildly titilating
include:

"What if we lost Section 106?  Is the worst case necessarily the worst
case?"

"An uninspired centerpiece: the National Register of Historic Places."

"In the eye of the beholder: Visual Impacts and Section 106 Review"

"'Preservation's Responsibility' and Section 4(f) of the DOT Act."

"Stupid TCP Tricks."

and

"Archeo-Bias: Recognition and Prevention."

To order, visit www.altamirapress.com.

Tom King