HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cassie Hemphill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:16:18 -0600
Volunteer Position Announcement: Assistant Underwriting
Coordinator, Archaeological Legacy Institute

Background: Underwriting, the nonprofit form of sponsorship, is
key to the fundraising strategy of The Archaeology Channel
(www.archaeologychannel.org), our streaming-media
public-education website. Strong growth in our audience (now
600,000 hits/month from 45,000 individual visitors) has moved TAC
to the upper ranks of archaeology websites worldwide. The size of
our audience also makes us more attractive to prospective
underwriters. To realize the potential of this form of financial
support, we must make a concerted effort to reach companies and
organizations who may be inclined to join with us as underwriting
partners. We are seeking a qualified volunteer to assist our
volunteer Underwriting Coordinator, Dr. Guy Prouty, in his
efforts to expand our Underwriting Program.

Duties: Work with Underwriting Coordinator in prospecting for and
communicating with underwriters. Help develop underwriting
prospect list. Contact and communicate with prospective and
existing underwriters. This involves making daytime telephone
calls (Monday-Friday) to prospects on the list. Work from your
own home or office.

Qualifications: Marketing experience. Communication skills.
Archaeological background preferred but not absolutely required.
Must be willing to introduce TAC to companies and organizations
over the telephone. Must be able to spend 5-10 hours per week on
this task.

Deadline: 20 July 2002

To apply: Send brief e-mail message expressing interest along
with attached or appended resume to Dr. Guy Prouty
(mailto:[log in to unmask]), Underwriting Coordinator,
Archaeological Legacy Institute

Posted by:
Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
www.archaeologychannel.org

Forwarded by:

Cassie Hemphill mailto:[log in to unmask]
Volunteer List Serve Coordinator for TAC