HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 05:13:25 -0700
Spanish coins were very common in the colonial time frame..before american
currency.and later...i have located small sections at a tavern site  in
Virginia..these were clipped from the 2 and 4 reales size coins..our
american currency is based on the spanish coin so to find these is not
umcommpn for the age of the sites that have been worked...Kris