HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cassie Hemphill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:33:20 -0600
Apologies as always for the necessity of cross-posting...

==============

Call for Videos

Excellent video content is very important to the success of The
Archaeology Channel (www.archaeologychannel.org), our
streaming-media public-education website. We have been very
pleased with the willingness of our current video production
partners to share their work (29 videos so far) with the people
of the world through TAC. In order to continue our practice of
regularly expanding our repertoire of quality video materials, we
would like to make contact with those of you who have appropriate
candidates for our programming or have suggestions regarding whom
we might contact.

We are interested in videos and films about archaeology,
indigenous peoples, and related subjects. We are particularly
interested in material showing ongoing archaeological research,
interpretations of past human lifeways, and glimpses of existing
cultures that illustrate the wonderful diversity of the human
experience, in an entertaining, accurate, respectful, and
educational way. We offer film and video makers a unique
opportunity to show their work to a fast-growing worldwide
audience. Our March 2002 audience was 12,500 unique visitors and
260,000 hits; we will probably reach at least 13,500 unique
visitors in April. In TAC producers have a new, powerful vehicle
for publicizing their work, gaining exposure to a much larger
audience than ever before.  Although as a young non-profit
organization we cannot afford to pay fees for the films and
videos made available to us, we can assist with video sales
through web links to producer websites and full contact
information as well as supplementary information for our viewers.
We prefer short (2-15 minute) productions, possibly including
trailers for longer films that match our topical area. On-demand
videos on TAC are copy-protected.

PLEASE RESPOND TO: [log in to unmask] (Dr. Richard Pettigrew,
Executive Director, Archaeological Legacy Institute).

Forwarded by:

Cassie Hemphill mailto:[log in to unmask]
Volunteer List Serve Coordinator for TAC