HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:52:21 +0000
D'ont be so coy Alasdair -you picked up some bad habits in America- you mean
used rubbers/condoms (the ones in PMA were of gut and C17 from Dudley
Castle) but I am sure the Aussies will soon cure  you of that. Dug some up
(yes they were used and knotted) years ago below a burst drain in a WWII air
face base in Huntingdon, England (probably still in an English heritage
store)- like the fingers of white and very thick rubber gloves. But having
just read athe life historyof a deceased museum curator who opened an army
ambulance door somewhere near Dunkirk in 1940 to find the driver having it
off with a very willing nun - I have no allusions about our respectable
elders.The curator was threatened with court martial on return for having
left his officer's car in France- no wonder the Nazis thrashed us at the
beginning of the war.

paul courtney