From:
Buckner Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Buckner Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:26:20 -0400
Lasr year here in North Florida they sprayed one day at 6:30PM and managed
to kill all of my field force.  So the spray will kill your bees if done in
the daylight hours.  It also killed all the butterflies, bumble bees and
everything other insect type that was outside.  A commercial beekeeper near
my location was also hit hard..  I called the EPA inspector and bee
inspector.  They took samples of dead and dying bees for examination.
Several months later I got a letter for the lab that did the work, stating
they could not find any spray residue etc...so I guess all the insects
committed suicide when they say the plane come over..Anyway, I had to dump
thousands bees from the hive bottoms boards.  The hives did recover.  Only
benefit I noticed was no fall swarms.. and yes the pesky mosquito was back
the next evening...No notice was given to beekeepers or the inspectors.
This spraying was done in the daylight hours, they said, because they were
behind in their schedule. If  it had sprayed according to the LABEL, it has
a 12 residule and should dissipate by morning and would have killed the
mosquito and not everything but.
Will Lewis.