HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cassie Hemphill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:18:39 -0600
Until further notice we can no longer accept new applications for
The
Archaeology Channel (www.archaeologychannel.org)  volunteer
positions.  We
are very grateful for the strong response to our last volunteer
position
announcement, but the flood of applicants has overwhelmed our
systems.  For
now, we must review existing applications and consider ways to
restructure
our Volunteer Program to provide opportunities to those many
talented
applicants who have contacted us already.  After this
reassessment, we may
again solicit and accept volunteer applications.

To those of you who still would like to offer assistance in some
fashion for
our nonprofit public education initiative, please consider taking
part in our
Membership and Underwriting programs, described on our website.
This kind of
support is essential for us to move forward and share the values
and
experience of archaeology with the people of the world.

Richard M. (Rick) Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
www.archaeologychannel.org