HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 05:48:03 -0500
At 12:48 PM -0600 12/31/02, Carl Barna wrote:

>As a former F&I and Rev War reenactor, I felt that I learned a great deal
>about life in 18th century military that I would never have learned from
>the historical or archaeological record, or from my graduate education in
>history and historical archaeology.

As a matter of fact, many years ago, I went to a graduate seminar
dressed in a wool Confederate uniform, carrying a replica of a Roman
groma (surveying instrument) to demonstrate the value of reenacting
and replicating. It was Gene Ferguson's industrial history (actually
IA) class at Delaware.

--

For any awkward moment, in any conversation,
there is always an appropriate, or insanely