HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Steen
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:21:39 -0500
That would be:

Author  Wheaton, Thomas
Title   Drayton Hall: Archaeological Testing of the Orangerie
Date    1989
Pub. by New South Associates
Pub. for        National Trust for Historic Preservation
County  Charleston
type proj       testing
sites   38CH255

Not an extensive project -- only a few shovel tests and two 5' squares. No actual evidence of the structure's purported function as an orangerie or green house was found.

2/21/2002 10:11:53 AM, southarc <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Date:   Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:11:53 -0500
>
>  From:   southarc <[log in to unmask]>
>  Subject:Re: mid 18th-century orangery sites?
>  To:     [log in to unmask]
>

>  I believe work was done on the orangery at Drayton plantation in Charleston,
>  SC.
>
>  Lucy Wayne

Carl Steen
Archaeologist