From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:12:20 +0000
In my previous posting on this subject, I indicated that I would only
be reviewing recordings of Haydn's most rewarding piano sonatas.  However,
I'm doing an about-face here and changing the review process to all Haydn
solo keyboard music.  The reviews will be of complete Haydn discs and
will start with the two Sony discs from Emanuel Ax and the Virgin Classics
disc from Mikhail Pletnev.  I intend the project to be as comprehensive
as possible.

Sorry to have been too hasty with my previous posting.  When I'm planning
a project, I often go through a number of proposed regimes.  So, the
feedback I would now appreciate concerns the recordings you most like
featuring Haydn's solo keyboard repertoire.

Don Satz