From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:45:21 -0400
Tim Horwood <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Foulds - Dynamic Triptych (it's a piano concerto). There is a wonderful
>Lyrita CD coupled with the RVW Piano Concerto arguably the 2 best British
>piano concertos.

I like the RWW concerto very much, and I will try to listen to the Dynamic
Triptych!

>Other pieces to add to your list:
>Bernard Stevens - Piano Concerto

This composer is not very well known outside the UK.  But I will certainly
try out the Marco Polo recording:

   http://www.impulse-music.co.uk/stevens.htm

>Howells - Hymnus Paradisi

Actually, I like Howells string music better...  I should add his beautiful
Suite to my list!

>Holbrooke - The Raven

I often hear about this British composer...  I was interested in the Marco
Polo recording of his orchestral works, but someone told me that the music
was poorly played.

>Sorabji - Opus Clavicembalisticum

Sounds interesting but it's a very long work:

   http://www.musicweb.uk.net/classrev/nov99/sorabji.htm

I'm a bit scared to buy this!

>Truscott - Elegy

Can you tell me more about this composer? I suppose he's British:-)

Daniel B - proudmemberofthecommonwealth