From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:41:14 -0500
David Lewis:

>Oh and I still think Nicholas Maw is a very underated composer and unlike
>the composers in previoous postings is still alive!

You are not the only one to have recommended him here, and I have
reperatedly attempted to appreciate his Violin Concerto, without success.
There is nothing difficult about it, and it is not unpleasant (though I do
find it a bit ponderous).  Mainly it just does not do anything for me.  I
would just give it up but I hate to miss anything good.  Any suggestions?

Jim Tobin