From:
"Keith G. Benson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:38:58 -0400
> reply:
> Not only the capping wax, but also the
> honey!But I thought
> that Peter had access to library and sat there
> alot and
> could read an index like me. The stuff I like
> best is in
> articles written overseas if it helps you any
> Peter.

That might help Peter, but what of the rest of us?  And one could very well
argue that since the original assertions were yours, the burden to point to
the specific information is yours, not Peters.  While you may not feel
compelled (though most do) to provide support for your arguments, I would
submit that your efforts to educate beekeepers and have folks stop "doping"
hives and "get of the treadmill" would better be served by providing
references than by cryptic hints.  Not everyone can access these materials
easily, if you know what they are (and your mentioning them suggests that you
do) and they do indeed support your contentions, then logic would suggest that
disseminating the information and not making it hard for people to follow your
train of thought would better serve your cause.  Otherwise you are really only
preaching to the already converted.

Though I do use a wide variety of medications every day in the pursuit of
animal health, I am keenly interested in minimizing chemical use in all
aspects of food production.  I could use all of the information you allude to,
but will likely need a great many hours to find it now.

Do I think every utterance on this list need be backed up by an exhaustive
bibliography?  Nope - but if you say there is scientific information out
there, let us know where.

Keith