HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:01:25 -0500
I owe it all to the internet. However, after posting I thought differently
about it. I think it as stated by some, reflects the distances that Scots
find themselves from Scotland, all over the world, if you will. My intuition
was reminded of "A Scottish Postbag: Eight centuries of Scottish letters,"
Edited by George Bruce and Pual H. Scott, 1986, published by Chambers in
Edinburgh. In it is reference to Sir Walter Scott's brother who lived with
the Mohawk in the US/Canadian border region. It is just a song.