HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Timothy James Scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:27:04 -0400
Hey Anita!

I was thinking about the history of the list, so I looked to find out what
message #00001 was in the archive:

Date:         Tue, 19 Apr 1994 18:47:04 -0600
From:         "CHESTER P. BATEMAN" <[log in to unmask]>

This note is a request for information about people working with GIS and
historic period archaeological problems.  Was Chester's post the first post
to HISTARCH or did many of the messages not get archived?  I suspect you'd
all been chatting for a bit before the archive log started, because
Chester's post seems to appear in the middle of discussion rather than the
pioneering message I was expecting...

Just wondering,
Tim

Timothy James Scarlett
Assistant Professor of Archaeology
Program in Industrial History and Archaeology
Department of Social Sciences
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, Michigan 49931-1295 USA
Tel (906) 487-2113 Fax (906) 487-2468 Internet [log in to unmask]
MTU Website: http://www.industrialarchaeology.net
SHA Website: http://www.sha.org  SIA Website: http://www.sia-web.org
"The function of the expert is not to be more right than other people, but
to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons."
     --- Dr. David Butler, Observer, 1969