From:
Robert Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:41:56 +0100
Janos Gereben wrote:

>Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley could just stand there, looking like a
>perfect Barbie-and-Ken couple.  Fortunately, headlining the San Francisco
>Symphony's New Year's Eve concert in Davies Hall, they also sang as
>mighty an operatic duet as Broadway can allow before the dreaded specter
>of Crossover ruins the music.

Does it really? Some weeks ago I listened to Vanessa Mae and found her
music awful but everyone is still allowed to just stop the one CD and
begin to listen to another. What ruins music, in my opinion, is elitist
thinking (and your remark, sorry, sounds elitist). Teach children that
music (classical, folk, pop etc.) is fun and music won't die - teach
them that only classical music is good music and music will die.

Have a Schubert day,
Robert