From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:52:50 -0800
Dennis Crutchfield wrote:

> Hello Beekeeps,
> Just wondering what some of you guys found out this past year concerning the
> Harbo queens. Seems to me that, some of them I have are way behind on brood
> and overall bee numbers this spring.

 Hello Dennis and All,

 We will find mixed reviews of the SMR queens. As stated before on this list ,
we will have different environments
for the genes to function. The results may vary a great deal and over time
through good selection in your area, you will have good queens. There is no
magic bullet in nature. It takes time and very good selection. The problem is
expectations that we carry and in most cases  we never get all the results that
we want. The battle is ongoing and it takes patience to get bees that work well
in your area.  It has taken me 2 years with the Russian queens- X- my stock to
winter well and start fast. I will continue to bring in fresh stock.
  Enjoy the trip because it will be a long one.
 Best regards
Roy