From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:15:03 -0500
Like many others, I was very glad to get Dave's excellent article.  I am
very interested not only in classical music, but also in the hardware used.

However, it ocurred to me that I almost never just sit and listen to music.
Right now I am at the computer and the "stereo" is on and I am nowhere near
the sweet spot (assuming that I hve one).  The vast majority of the time,
I listen to music on headphones at the office, so more than 2 channels
wouldn't help me much.  Are others in a similar situation?

Regarding "fake" stereo, when I make CDs of mono music, I use this feature
and it significantly reduces the strain of having the music appear to be
originating in the middle of my head.  It's not "real" stereo, but is
better than mono and doesn't distort the sound.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan