From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:46:22 -0500
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> in a posting that's got a touch, at
least of artistry to it writes:

>Chicago has had its fair share of great writers, artists, and composers,
>many of whom had to leave for New York in order to get their work noticed.
>The list includes people like Nelson Algren, Carl Sandburg, James T.
>Farrell...

He might have included Dos Passos and Sills for additional pop but the
way he goes about presenting Leo Sowerby is nothing less than a beautiful
and moving posy to the Midwest.  I'd never heard of the man himself, nor
associated any music with the name; but now I'm going to try him.  (I bet
Gene Halaburt knows him by heart!)

Denis Fodor