From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:11:01 -0700
David Malantic <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have started to collect and listen to, not to mention really enjoy,
>CD's of serialist compositions from the mid 20th century and later.  So
>far, I have purchased discs of Boulez, Stockhausen, Messiaen, Babbitt,
>and Carter.

Perhaps a couple of better read folk than I can correct me if I am wrong,
but I don't regard any of the above mentioned composers as serialist.
The Darmstadt school was more about chance (alieatory music) rather than
structured serialist music, IIRC. I can't think of any Stockhausen that
could be considered serialist, but am willing to stand corrected if need
be.

Kevin