From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:39:10 -0400
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>By sheer coincidence, I recently indulged in a Jolivet orgy -- both cello
>concertos, the 2nd trumpet concerto, the trumpet concertino, the bassoon
>concerto, the ondes martinot concerto, etc.  etc.  -- all released in this
>country through the old Musical Heritage Society, and all, alas, on LP.

I'm now in contact with Christine Jolivet-Erlih, the daughter of Andre
Jolivet.  She told me that she has recently contacted Warner to convince
them to reissue Jolivet's Erato recordings made during the 1960s and
1970s.  The 100th anniversary of his birth (2005) is coming fast, and
it seems appropriate to reissue these recordings - especially the
concertos!  - made by people such as Laskine, Rostropovitch, Rampal,
Maurice Andre, jolivet himself and others...

You can find information about these recordings here:

   http://www.jolivet.asso.fr/

So far, Madame Jolivet has failed to convince Matthew Cosgrove, the
General Magager of Warner Classics, to reissue these historical recordings.
And now, it's your turn to help her!  If you do care about Jolivet's
music or the recording legacy of the artists mentioned above, please
write an e-mail message to Mr.  Cosgrove's assistant to ask for the
reissue of these recordings on CD...

   Jennifer Chilton

This is the mail address of Mr. Cosgrove:

    Mr Matthew Cosgrove, General Manager, Warner Classics UK,
    The Warner Building
    28 Kensington Church Street
    London W8 4EP, UK

Jolivet fans of the world, unite!:-)