From:
Doris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:16:07 +0100
There are any "Grub Lanes" in Norfolk, not to mention Thieves,
CutThroat,and Murderer's Lanes.  Glad we moved to Suffolk instead.

Maybe the Witcherley Grubs" those offered to Tom Selleck in "Quigley Down
Under"

Musical content? I understand the Didgeree Doo-occasionally to be heard
played outside Boots here, by a very scruffy and "grubby" gent.  which
frightened the puppy-is played using circular breathing.  Maurice Bourge
plays his oboe this way I'm told.

Doris><>
(coming from the Romney Marsh area of Kent, in times past, maybe some
of the family "emigrated" to Australia See "TheSmuggler's song "Kipling).
Excellently sung on an ancient LP by Owen Brannigan)