From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:43:27 +1000
Richard Claeys sadistically suggested:

>If you really want to torture your worst enemy, why not set up a worst-of
>Ken Russell film festival, and make them sit through "Lisztomania,"
>followed by "The Music Lovers," and, for dessert, "Salome's Last Dance."

To which I would add "The Strange Affliction of Anton Bruckner" and "The
Secret Life of Sir Arnold Bax", both of them not quite dire enough to be
funny.  I should have known better than to watch these self-indulgent
travesties, but I hoped that Russell might again make something of the
quality of his much earlier films on Delius and Elgar, each of which was
superb.

Richard Pennycuick