Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:46:23 -0500
From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Daniel Beland:

>Unlike Messiaen, Jolivet didn't have an army of former student to perform
>(or talk about) his music...  Moreover, the originality of his output is
>more difficult to grasp at first.  But some of his works really rock...

By sheer coincidence, I recently indulged in a Jolivet orgy -- both cello
concertos, the 2nd trumpet concerto, the trumpet concertino, the bassoon
concerto, the ondes martinot concerto, etc.  etc.  -- all released in this
country through the old Musical Heritage Society, and all, alas, on LP.

Steve Schwartz