Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:59:10 -0700
From:
Richard Claeys <[log in to unmask]>
John Dalmas wrote:

>I am wondering if there is an alternative to the Ormandy recording of
>the Rubbra orchestration (which is the only one I have heard).

The answer is yes, and I can offer the Chandos recording with Jarvi and
the LSO (or Philharmonia? I'm out of range of the collection right now,
and can't look up the number and the details).  In any event, it's paired
with the Schoenberg orchestration of the Brahms Quintet, and makes for
an interesting contrast.  As is the case with most of Jarvi/Chandos
recordings, the sonics are first-rate, an important criterion with these
scores.

Dick Claeys