HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Keeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:36:30 -0800
The Nassawango (sp?) iron furnace near Pocomoke City, MD comes to mind, though I don't know what archaeology has been done there.

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/05/02 09:31AM >>>
Afternoon all,
   I have an undergraduate student in my class in African American Archaeology who would like to do her semester research on any studies done on iron works or foundries in the Chesapeake region, preferably Maryland, that employed slave labor, time period - anytime from the Revolution to Emancipation.  I have not found any archaeological studies in that region on that topic, although there have been some done in the Caribbean.  Any ideas  of some published studies?  If not, I will strongly suggest she move to another topic...

Thanks loads,
Bonnie Ryan