From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:30:21 +0000
David Harbin writes about the pros and cons of buying full-price CD's:

>Pros
>
>You get the CD you want now.

That's a very strong pro.  I picture myself reading about a particular
new disc and deciding I want it.  When do I want it?  Now.

Otherwise, I have to wait years for the price to go down.  In the worst
scenario, the disc is quickly deleted and only comes back to life 15
years later without any U.S.  distribution.  Sorry, I'm not waiting 15
years for something I want now and can easily get now.  If and when
financial matters were to become quite tight, that's another story.

David mentioned the now bargain prices of the Herreweghe Bach Cantata
recordings.  That's great, but I think it took a few years for it to
happen.

Don Satz