From:
"Yoel L. Arbeitman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:17:00 -0400
Gene Halaburt wrote:

>The Hector Berlioz Website <http://www.hberlioz.com/BerliozLibretti/>
>has recently added a section in which it "is intended to provide the
>texts and libretti of Berlioz's vocal music, including his operas,
>masses, songs and other works accompanied with voices."

Thank you to everyone who responded on the presence or lack of
libretti or librettos in the Berlioz opera box.  Gene, I regularly
check into that site and was unaware of the libretto project which
so far has ONLY Les Troyens of the three operas and of the "Orchestral
works with vocal accompaniment" has ONLY the Huit Scenes, but not Damnation
itself.  It also does have Romeo et Juliette.  Recently I could only
suggest to someone on another list an on-line German libretto for Cellini
http://www.impresario.ch/libretto/libberben.htm and an English synopsis.
http://www.intac.com/~rfrone/operas/Books/Kobbe_Complete/19.htm I fear
that the situation remains the same and of course Cellini was the one
which LSO Live did not release last time 'round (maybe they will this
time).

Yoel