From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:02:24 -0400
Today (18-IV) would've been the 96th birthday of Miklos Rozsa's,
Hungarian-American composer whose music has few contenders for the top
of my list of favourites.

I've yet to hear any work of his performed live, but I'm hoping a lot
gets performed on his centennial.  Until then, I'll have to stick to the
recordings.  Can't complain: unlike a few years ago, we have plenty to
choose from.

'Knocked the socks of a Hungarian fellow music-lover recently: apparently
he hadn't ever heard Rozsa's Viola Concerto.  Can you imagine?!

The suite from 'Double Indemnity' sounds appealing to me, right now.

Bert Bailey