From:
Jos Janssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:09:28 +0100
Just got this bit of information on Ton Koopman's Bach Cantata cycle.

   The Bach Cantata project will be completed.

   Antoine Marchand will complete and release the Bach Cantata
   project of The Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra and Choir, soloists
   and Ton Koopman as sub-label under the Challenge Classics label.

   The contract was signed on 3 January.  Volume XIII of the Bach
   Cantatas will finally be issued in March 2003, with Volumes XIV
   and XV following later in the year.  Not two, but three volumes
   will be released each year.  Volume XXII - the last - will
   appear in spring 2006, thus bringing our Bach Cantata project
   to a close.

   Also worthy of mention is the fact that beginning in May 2003
   one volume of cantatas from the Erato series will be reissued
   each month, i.e.  Volumes I through XII.  Thus, in June 2004
   Volumes I through XVII will be on the market.

   Although the outward appearance has changed, the content
   remains the same, including the outstanding contribution of Prof.
   Christoph Wolff.  Beginning with Volume XIII, CDs of The Amsterdam
   Baroque Orchestra and Choir and Ton Koopman will be available
   not only from record dealers, but also through our own Internet
   shop as well as at concerts.  What a wonderful way to begin a
   new Bach year!

Let's hope there also is light at the  end of the tunnel for all those
other excellent Erato artists (like William Christie)

"Jos Janssen" <[log in to unmask]>