From:
Mike Leghorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:23:06 -0500
Janos Gereben wrote:

>How is it possible to compile lists without a single mention of Bartok,
>Martinu and Janacek?

Has Bartok not been mentioned? That is a huge oversight!  I count Bartok
among my top five or six favorite composers (along with Beethoven, Mozart,
and Mahler).  (Note:  my favorites always change, but the ones I've listed
here are always at or near the top.)

BTW, my favorite violin concerto is Bartok's 2nd, despite someone's
assertion in the liner notes to Berg's Violin Concerto with Perlman that
Berg's it the greatest of the 20th century.

Mike