From:
Peter Herwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:06:33 EDT
Don Satz writes:

>EMI discs from Christian Zacharias aren't so easy to find in the United
>States.  It seems I always have to deal with 'special imports', because
>Zacharias isn't routinely distributed in the States.  That's hard to
>understand, because he is a fine and multi-talented artist whose
>recordings generally stand up well to the competition.

I couldn't agree more about Zacharias,Don, though I often the best
recordings are only available as special imports.  His Mozart and Schubert
are up there with the best of them IMO and his Scarlatti discs are simply
sensational.  For anyone with a yen to hear Scarlatti on the piano these
discs are a must- equalled or perhaps surpassed only by Marcelle Meyer.

Best,

Peter Herwitz