Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:19:15 -0800
From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Last fall I told you about a garage sale I held, and in the process of
preparing for that sale I assembled my classical LP collection of some
500 items for the first time in several years.  I decided it was time
to try and find a good home for these discs, and my first impulse was
to use eBay or another online auction service.  But before I resorted
to that, I decided to set up my own "shop" to sell my LPs.  You can
visit the latest incarnation at:

    http://www.classical.net/lps/

I'll be opening the shop to the world next week or two, but I thought
I'd give members of MCML and first crack, once again, at what I have to
sell.  Though I originally listed just my audiophile LPs (half-speed
mastered discs, direct-to-disc recordings, etc.), I have been working
on getting my whole collection up there.  Well, I'm done.  I shot over
1000 pictures to get good images for the web site.  I decided that I
better document what I have/had before selling them off.

This has been quite the trip down Nostalgia Lane.  Even if you have no
interest in buying any of these, you may find it interesting to browse
through the store anyway.  It's quite possibly the largest LP cover art
gallery on the web.  I remember when and where I bought most of them,
and handling each one during the process of taking cover pictures made
me appreciate just what wonderful shape almost all of these LPs are in.
Most are mint or in near-mint condition.  Most have only been played
once or twice on quality turntables (Denon, Thorens) and all were purchased
between 1981 and 1988.  Since purchase, they have been properly stored
indoors with temperature control (heating/air conditioning).

I've set up a simple shopping cart system to place queries about
discs or to place an order.  LPs are subject to prior sale.  I have
only one copy of each disc listed, and will fill orders on a first-come,
first-served basis as the "orders" arrive via email.  The shopping cart
does not take credit cards, and actually should be viewed more as a wish
list for placing a preliminary order.  All orders are finalized via email
with the person placing the order.  I can take checks drawn on U.S.
banks or PayPal, which allows you to pay with your credit card (signup
is free).  If you need to contact me directly for any reason concerning
these LPs, please write to: [log in to unmask]

Dave
http://www.classical.net/