Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:27:42 +0300
From:
Andrey Dorokhov <[log in to unmask]>
I am really sceptic about "educating about classical music" (or call it
other different ways.

Of cause, we always have to search for better cultural education for our
children and there is a constant need for perfection in that field.
But...  the numbers will be the same.  The majority...  and would think
that we speak about 90 percent of general public will listen to commercial
music, read trash literature, etc... .  And nothing will change, Cultural
heights not for general public,not for majority.  Mahler lovers will be
always almost invisible in a whole society, and this is OK, it's enough.
Most of the people will think that contemporary music boring, conservative,
highbrow....  so what?  Orchestras do not need to alter their repertoire
to be more digestible, that is the wrong way.

Nothing should change.  Develop, yes, but change to be more understandable
for EMINEM lovers?  That will be a real problem for me, I quit going to
live concerts and listen only my CD collection:-)

Regards

Andrey
Moscow, Russia