Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:48:45 -0400
From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Pablo Gamba <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'am investigating for a news story about music and 11 September attacks
>but I've found very little information about works dedicated to that event
>of commissions of conmemorative works, appart from John Adam's "On the
>Transmigration of Souls".  Do you have any other information? It would be
>very helpful for me.

I'm sure more pieces will appear as time goes on.  While I'm sure
other Listers have information to contribute, I know only of pieces of
premonition and pieces in progress.  In the former catagory, we have Thomas
Ades' "America," disparaged by many and performed to the regret of Janos
Gereben recently.  Also, Danielpour's "American Requiem," completed prior
to September 11 but dedicated in memoriam.  In the latter catagory, there
is Christopher Rouse's Requiem, to be premiered next year, perhaps in
Paris.  Rouse was working on it September 11th, and at that point inserted
a prolonged stretch of silence to commemorate the victims of the disaster.

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA