Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:41:45 -0300
From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Todd Michel McComb to my comments:

>>I'm not sure whether there's anything among these repertoires that
>>hasn't been recorded yet (unless it hasn't been discovered yet).
>
>There are many things which have not been recorded.  So many I can barely
>discuss them.  I am particularly hoping for a recording of sacred music
>by Caron (15th century).

I correct myself:  instead of "anything" read "anybody".  I meant authors
(when their names are known) rather than works.  Of course, not every piece
from everybody is recorded (yet), but I don't think that this spectrum of
unrecorded early music is so ample (unless we complain because we don't
have yet a complete recording of the Ratisbon Graduale or of the entire
Medicean chant:-).

Concerning Caron, It's true that, excepting "Helas" from Petrucci's
Odhecaton A, or "Le desproveu infortune" (from Petrucci's Canti C), Caron
is almost unrepresented at the recording market.  I haven't perused by
myself the complete edition of his works (James Thomson 1971-1976, Brooklyn
NY, Institute of Medieval Music, II vols.), but I was told (from a not so
trustable source) that only a few masses and chansons survived from his
output.

Pablo Massa