Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:36:00 -0400
From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Join us on Saturday, August 31, to celebrate Bruckner's 178th birthday
(four days ahead of schedule) in Carlsbad, California.

As in the previous three years, we'll play the symphonies in an
informal setting, with intermissions between works and plenty of
food/drinks to keep us going.  In this year's event we pay tribute to
distinguished Brucknerians Gunter Wand and Takashi Asahina, and we honor
the memory of Yevgeny Svetlanov who conducts an uncommon performance of
the Seventh symphony.  As in previous events, we offer a combination of
rare live recordings, such as Wand's live Eighth with the BBC SO, and
well-established commercial recordings, such as Schuricht's magnificent
Third with the VPO.

A pamphlet will additional notes on each recording will be provided to
attendees.

Here's the playlist:

- F-minor symphony: Rozhdestvensky/USSR MoCSO (studio)
- 1st symphony: Segerstam/Stuttgart RSO (live)
- D-minor symphony ("Nullte"): Haitink/Concertgebouw (studio)
- 2nd symphony: Bergel/Bavarian RSO (live)
- 3rd symphony: Schuricht/VPO (studio)
- 4th symphony: Furtwangler/VPO (live)
- 5th symphony: Welser-Most/LPO (live)
- 6th symphony: Celibidache/Munich PO (live)
- 7th symphony: Svetlanov/Hague Residentie O. (live, In Memoriam)
- 8th symphony: Wand/BBC SO (live, In Memoriam)
- 9th symphony: Asahina/Tokyo SO (live, In Memoriam)

When: Saturday, August 31, 2002
Where: 3267 Madison Street, Carlsbad, California (760-729-3280)
Starting time: 9 AM

Please feel free to bring your favorite food and drink (especially
Bruckner's favorite beverage) to share.  Contributions will be taken
towards lunch and/or dinner.  For directions and more information, contact
Ramon Khalona at [log in to unmask] (or at 760-729-3280) or Dave Griegel at

We look forward to seeing you.

Ramon Khalona and Dave Griegel