Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:22:34 +0100
From:
David Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, I've seen a number of messages recently concerning rare works and
underperformed composers.

I would like to suggest Nicholas Maw as a British composer whose work is
heard all too infrequently, either on record or in the concert hall.  I can
remember a performance of Odyssey conducted by Simon Rattle at the Festival
Hall in London some years ago.  The music was memorable and the performance
excellent but since then I have not come across performances of any of his
other work although ASV have issued some excellent CD's of Maw's music.  I
know personal preference comes into this but I believe that other far
inferior modern coomposers get much more exposure.

Any comments?

David Lewis